All player characters must find some form of employment during their time on Atia. They are welcome to handwave employment at a native business such as shops, should that be in character for them. Characters can also be employed at certain island government departments such as the police or the library or the hospital. In addition, there are many opportunities for characters to build or expand businesses on the island.
Keeping in mind, however, that the overall population of Atia is limited, we require that any new business on the island be mod approved. To apply for a business, please follow the directions below.
To apply for a job at an existing business, please contact the appropriate player either directly or by replying to the amatomnesinfo post for that business. Once you have been accepted, fill out the Business Taken Form and post it below to have your new employment added to the Business Directory.
(If the employment doesn't work out and your character winds up leaving the business, there is also a Business Taken Form to remove employees from the list!)
To apply for a character's new business, copy the business application below and email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject reading: [BUSINESS APPLICATION]
Email this to the mods first!
Things to keep in mind pertaining to new businesses:
- Characters should generally be in the game at least two to three months before applying for a business - this means they've had enough time to make connections, earn money, and get a feel for the island. It also shows a commitment to the game itself. Characters can be in the game for any length of time if they're inheriting an already established business.
- Try to avoid applying for a business that already exists. Instead of making another cafe, the character could work for one, instead. Business applications can and will be denied if we feel the island can not support another of that type run by collared individuals. To see what player businesses already exist, check out the Business Directory.
- Just because it's not listed, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. We can't list out every NPC business, but if your average large town or small city in Europe would have it, Atia likely would too.
- Before applying, try to get together interested parties, whether it be prospective employees or business partners. It helps both you and us if there's already interest and support in the business, both ICly and OOCly.
- Even if there's no competing business available, we may ask you to justify the existence of the business and feasibility entirely, such as why the island would need it, and how the character could bring it to fruition.
Once your business has been approved, you must complete a Business Info Form for it and post it to amatomnesinfo. After that's done, just fill out the Business Taken Form and post it in the comments below so we can add your business to the Business Directory. Once you have posted both of those forms, your business is official and you may profit!
Post this form to amatomnesinfo.
Reminder: Paste the code below with the business name in the subject line and the appropriate information filled in. Look for the ALL CAPS labels, but please don't fill in your information in CAPS! When you include your icon choice, it's helpful if you make a tinypic or imgur link rather than the direct one from Dreamwidth.
Use this form to post a NEW BUSINESS (that has been approved) in the comments below:
Use this form to post an individual employee to an ALREADY EXISTING business in the comments below:
Use this form to REMOVE an individual employee from a business, whether they have been fired or quit, by posting it in the comments below: